Meet the Artist:
Belfast has created a world first in Music Tourism, the Belfast Music iPhone app. There is an explosion of new music coming out of Northern Ireland, building on the city’s rich musical heritage,so now you can explore it anywhere anytime
Imagine there was a way to discover the rich musical heritage of a city, through a mixture of historical anecdotes and street level music info, accessible anywhere, anytime. It exists and it’s called the Belfast Music iphone app.
There is an explosion of new music coming out of Northern Ireland, building on the city’s rich musical heritage, and in an age of apps & mobile, the free to download Belfast Music iPhone app allows people to explore it all anywhere, anytime.
The app allows you to experience:
• a fascinating Music tour, narrated by BBC Broadcaster Stuart Bailie, dubbed the John Peel of Belfast, with musical accompaniment from David Holmes, Neil Hannon and the Ulster Orchestra, Rudi, The Undertones, Ash, Therapy and many more, taking you on a journey of old and new, covering all manner of genres, tastes, and locations
• a Hall Of Fame introducing you to Belfast’s Music legends;
• Gig Listings & News, making sure you don’t miss a beat, and share it through your facebook & twitter accounts
• Music videos from Northern Irish bands, across a range of genres
• a Showcase introducing you to the best in contemporary Belfast Music taking the world by storm
Conceptualised & created by Filmtrip, Belfast City Council saw a great opportunity to lead the world in mobile tourism which fitted perfectly with their overall music strategy for the city. Filmtrip was commissioned to rebrand Belfast Music for all platforms and promotional materials, to assist in the digital strategy across all platforms as well as creating the Belfast Music iPhone app.
With the support of OhYeah, BBC NI, the Northern Ireland Tourist Board and the Arts Council of NI, the iPhone app accompanies a new Belfast Music website http://www.belfastmusic.org, an expanded Belfast Music Exhibition at the Oh Yeah Music Centre in the Cathedral Quarter and a weekly music bus tour.
Music iPhone app Creator Gawain Morrison of Filmtrip said: “I’ve been in and around the music scene of Belfast for 15 years, and have always been impressed with the talent that we’ve produced, so I’m really proud that we were able to create the iphone app to showcase where we’ve come from and where we’re going to. I think it shouts to the world how cool Belfast has become.”
Paul McLean, Producer of BBC’s Across the Line said: ““It’s great to see Belfast being ahead of the pack with this app. We hope this evolves into a must have app, not just for stalwarts of the music scene here, but for every visitor coming to the city looking to hear some of our amazing musicians.”
Publisher of AU (Alternative Ulster) magazine Jonny Tiernan commented: “The Belfast Music App is an innovative and unique way to introduce the rich heritage of the Northern Irish musical landscape to people. It is both fun and informative, and manages to reflect the extraordinary diversity of talent we have in this country. I’d recommend it to everyone as an experience to take part in”
‘Belfast is a city looking to push its musical heritage and promote the music of the now.’ Keith Wildman, Sabotage Times
PlatformsiOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Free version available
- belfast music iphone app rock indie electronic film trip northern ireland bbc mtv tourism heritage listings video gig showcase city council
- Music lovers Visitors to Belfast Residents of Belfast