Blindtest.com is a musical quiz game. Listening to a song with friends, the goal is to find artist name and tune title before the other players. The app is using streamed music allowing players to enjoy a game on equal footing.
Chugulu Games is a development studio specialized in advergaming, working both on online and iPhone games. Publisher of the website Blindtest.com since 2008 which gather a community of music lovers playing on real-time multiplayer musical quiz, Chugulu developed an innovative iPhone app:
• The game is using streamed music, i.e. not pulled from iPod library. This is a major enhancement in term of gameplay compared to other music quiz available in the Appstore, since it allow all players to enjoy a music quiz on equal footing.
• The application is free to download and include a free 50-songs playlist to allow users to discover the game. Then, 100-songs playlists (TV Shows, Pop-Rock, Rap, French Music, Best of 2000’s, etc…) can be in-app purchased at € 1.59 each.
• The game includes 3 different modes that can be played alone or with friends (2, 3 or 4 players) on the same iPhone/iPod:
- A "Buzz" mode where the iPhone is turned to a multiplayer-buzzer: players have to be the fastest to buzz, then to say aloud the answer, which are displayed in a third time;
- A "QCM" mode (Multiple Choice Question) where multiple answers are proposed, bad answers disappearing over the time;
- An "Expert" mode for experienced gamers who don’t need help and wants to fill in the answers using the iPhone keyboard.
• National and device rankings allow players to compare their scores with their friends but also with all other French iPhone users.
This application has been developed to offer the most friendly musical quiz game. We hope that palyers will enjoy Blindtest.com as a fun and especially addictive gaming experience.