Eye Check by Boots Optician
Meet the Artist:
The app assesses your vision through a series of simple tests tailored by professional opticians and makes recommendations based on your results. Top ratings, #1 app in the UK and peaking at over 85,000 downloads in one day signify the apps utility.
Boots Opticians has created an eye care app to help you understand the importance of looking after your vision and eye health. The app is not designed to replace your routine check-up by an optometrist, but will explain and demonstrate some of the checks involved in a professional eye examination.
The Eye Check by Boots Opticians app includes four easy-to-use eye checks that can be completed in minutes. Results are presented in a pass/fail or percentage format rating for both the left and right eye. Boots Opticians locations are easy to find on the app, with a number to call for an appointment and a discount voucher for a full professional eye check.
Key features include:
- 4 individual checks:
->Visual acuity – testing the clearness of your vision and ability to distinguish object details and shapes
->Astigmatism – testing for a condition which causes blurred vision
->Duochrome – testing your eyes’ ability to focus using a colour chart
->Colour – testing for colour weaknesses in your eyes
- Recommendations according to your results
- A set of three questions to help further assess the health of your eyes
- Eye health advice
- Boots Opticians finder to allow you to locate your nearest Boots Opticians where a full professional examination can be given
- A voucher entitling you to a full professional eye test for only £5 at Boots Opticians.
The Eye Check by Boots Opticians app is designed to make you aware of the importance of looking after your eye health, not as a replacement for professional eye examinations. An annual sight test is recommended for children up to the age of 16 and those over 60, and at least every two years for all other adults.
PlatformsAndroid, iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Free version available
- Boots, Eye check, eye health, optician
- Everyone that’s not blind already needs to look after their eyes.