Gbanga is the game where you walk in the real world to play mixed-reality quests and score virtual points.
Gbanga is a context-aware platform for hosting an unlimited number of mixed-reality quests that are highly immersive and exciting to play with players around the world. Mixed-reality quests are coordinated with Gbanga’s mobile app however quest elements may be located in the real-world. Like role-playing: real-world locations act as scenes, passersby turn into extras and ordinary objects become props.
Players want an extremely fun and social mobile gaming experience. In contrast, businesses want to use the mobile channel to increase sales. Gbanga provides a solution for both parties.
Gbanga quests are extremely exciting social games, relevant to the player by taking reality into account and through its unique gameplay. At the same time, Gbanga provides businesses easy and powerful ways to communicate with their customers in an interesting and accepted manner, for instance through context-award product placement.
The platform provides basic functionality such as:
- an interactive city map on the web and on the phone,
- a radar featuring nearby location-based information, including events and entertainment on the interactive map,
- a collect-and-trade area where players can collect items such as coupons and exchange or redeem them through an in-store purchase,
- an integration with friends to share information such as location, leader board ranking and status among friends and gaming rivals.
Businesses profit from an open, customizable platform that can be adapted to the individual needs of its application. The Lua scripting environment offered by Gbanga’s Puppetmaster API is a fast time-to-market solution with low entry barriers. It not only hides the challenges such as the highly segmented platforms (iPhone, Google’s Android, Samsung’s Bada, Microsoft’s Windows mobile), but also offers a channel to a growing consumer user base that already uses Gbanga software.
Revenues are created directly from the user base through micropayments and from the production of custom marketing campaigns.
1. The basic version is free. This is crucial to keep a significant growth rate and to build a community. However, we monetize the user by introducing in-app payments for virtual goods and premium items. This is an important element of our platform since business clients want to create revenues on our platform, too.
2. With a reasonable user base, we provide tailored verticals such as marketing campaigns, edutainment, infotainment and e-tourism for a selected set of business clients. This is done directly by us or through implementation partners such as marketing agencies which use our Puppetmaster API. In this phase, we want to polish the platform and provide attractive business showcases.