Tools and utilities
SymPA is a protocol analyzer for mobile phones that allows all the incoming
TCP/IP traffic to be captured without interfering with the normal
performance of the terminal. The main design goals for this tool have been
• To capture all incoming IP packets, while avoiding information
• To perform efficient resource management, according to constraints on
power processing and battery life of mobile devices.
• To include basic functions for network management such as ping, PDP
(Packet Data Protocol) context info etc.
• To provide interfaces for processing captured information and
exporting it to other environments.
• Analysis of security problems in mobile devices.
• Debugging of network protocols over cellular networks.
• Debugging of new protocols for new mobile services.
• Detection of bugs in network protocol implementations for mobile
• Detection of irregular behavior of traditional protocols in mobile