Meet the Artist:
Prototype mobile web app to help plan your perfect wedding day!
“Wedding File” is a prototype wedding planner mobile web application, built with Sencha Touch, designed and tested for the iPad or iPhone devices.
It is aimed at couples who are planning a wedding, by helping them organise tasks such as capturing guest lists, attendance at events on the day, seating plans and details of potential wedding venues.
For the prototype of this application, there is no ability to save or delete data, or no security model, so it purely illustrates the intended functionality should this be made in to a fully working app.
The prototype app currently contains the following screens:
- “Summary” screen, where the user can see an overview of their information stored within the app, such as number of guests (and what they’re attending on the day), number of photos the user’s uploaded to the app, and the number of venues they’ve captured details of. There is also the ability to set a wedding “countdown” (i.e. how many days until the wedding).
- “Guests” screen, where a list of the wedding guests can be maintained, along with a simple visual tick list that allows the user to quickly see which guests are attending the wedding and/or reception. Additional guests can be added on this screen, and existing ones edited. When adding/editing a guest their seating arrangements can be made too.
- “Venues” screen, where a list of potential wedding venues can be stored, along with any notes for each venue. This screen integrates with Google Maps, allowing the user to quickly store/view details of venues by simply clicking on a position on the map. To add a new venue, the user simply clicks the “Add New” button, locates the position of the venue on the map, taps the position and the user is prompted to enter a name for the new venue. This is then stored for future reference. Existing venues can be edited by tapping the venue name in the list. There’s also a button to view the stored venue on the map.
- “Seating” screen, where the user can see which tables the guests are assigned to. Additional tables can be added by clicking on the “Add New” button. Seating arrangements can be changed by clicking on a guest’s name.
- “Photos” screen, where uploaded photos can be viewed. This would be useful if the bride or groom spot something interesting when shopping – they can take a photo, and make it appear within the app for future reference, by e-mailing it to a special address. With it being a web application, the photos would then be accessible from other mobile devices (i.e. both the bride and groom can see the photos on their respective device).
- “Scheduler” screen, where the user can capture details of the various events that will be taking place on the wedding day, such as times.
PlatformsiOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
- Free version available
- wedding planner
- Couples who are planning their wedding day.