During the preparals of the 5th Mobile Premier Awards, taking place on February 14th 2011 during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, we’re launching this new series asking previous MPA winners about their success story after winning the award in February 2010.
1. Went from 500,000 to 2.3 Million drivers in 2010!
2. NBC-2 started using Waze citizen traffic feeds as their broadcast traffic segment.
3. Secured a $25MM Series B round of financing.
4. Won Best Technology at Le Web and several other awards.
5. Added citizen traffic information from Twitter + Got more social with Facebook and 4SQ road goodies.
6. Launched Driving Groups Waze: Using groups and gaming to get geodata.
7. Hosted the Big Caravan- Thousands of Wazers headed to Burning Man Waze 2.0.
8. Launched LATAM.
9. Launched India.
10. Now tackling commuter traffic and reducing congestion.
Waw, what a fantastic ride! Good luck to the Waze team and thanks Di-Ann for the update!
Here below you can view the 3-minute pitch and jury Q&A Waze did at the MPAs 2010.