On June 26 AppCircus arrives to Lisbon to showcase the best apps of the region! We are excited to announce the apps that will pitch on stage at the Vodafone Portugal Headquarters (Parque das Nações, Lisbon), to win the following prizes:
The overall winner will get a chance to be one of the 20 apps pitching at the Mobile Premier Awards during MWC 2013, plus a Windows Phone 7 offered by Vodafone, and the best Windows Phone app wil get a Windows Phone 7 smartphone offered by Nokia.
You can still register to attend the event and the workshops:
- Create a Windows Phone app in one hour, by Nokia
- Keys to a successful app + Strategies for app monetization, by Mobile Marketing Association and Adfonic
In addition, the best posting in the Facebook event, or the best person tweeting with the hashtags #appcircus #vodafone during the actual event will be awarded a Vodafone Android smartphone by Vodafone!
Meet the lucky selected apps of AppCircus in Lisbon!
Continue reading “June 26th Lisbon AppCircus: The Selected apps!”
AppCircus Developer Day
is a FREE
event for developers to discover new opportunities for creating revenue-generating mobile apps and succeed in the app economy.
Developers of all levels as well as students will have a unique opportunity to learn about market trends of the mobile app ecosystem and get expert insight on app development, marketing, and monetization, and to showcase their apps in AppCircus, a unique traveling app competition. The winner of AppCircus could win a nomination for the Mobile Premier Awards
NEW! AppCircus Developer Day offers Speed Mentoring sessions: show your app in one-on-one sessions with mobile experts and get invaluable feedback to improve your app and make it a success!
- S1) Understanding how to monetize your app, with an expert from Mobile Marketing Association: Identifying monetization business models and best practices for generating revenue with apps
- S2) Developing apps and reaching a mass audience, with an expert from Nokia: Best practices for creating a successful apps. Lightweight user interfaces for intuitive navigation for smart and feature phones
- S3) Understanding the opportunities that the market offers developers, with an expert from BlueVia: Identifying market opportunities and reducing risk by diversifying your app market targets
To apply for a Speed Mentoring slot please submit your app profile here
! To submit you need to become a member
for free and create your app profile. Limited seating! – first come, first served, so submit your app now
! By attending these sessions you will also be able to participate and network with the experts and other developers over lunch (food is on us!
). Speed Mentoring is free but seats are limited! Book your slot ASAP. When applying to a session you can tell us your focus preference – we will try to put you in the right slot!
In AppCircus Developer Day participants may also get involved in technical workshops conducted by industry experts on how to develop apps
- W1) Enhance your App with Open Data, by UPF and Tempos 21: Introduction to Open Data and the OpenCities Data Platform. Create your first app on Android with open data, join the App Challenge and win 3000€!
- W2) Key factors to create a successful app, by Mobile Marketing Association: Learn strategies for app monetization and how to create successful app ad campaigns
- W3) Creating a Windows Phone 7 app in one hour, by Nokia: Learn the basics to create and upload your app to the windows phone marketplace using app development tools for rapid prototyping of Nokia apps.
- W4) Developers Economic Report 2012, by BlueVia: Check the latest developer business news from Vision Mobile 2012, sponsored by BlueVia.Remember: only 50 seats per workshop are available, so book your seat ASAP!
Submit your app profile to enter the AppCircus contest. An online jury will select the 10 apps to present on stage. Remember that you will have to present your app in person on stage in Barcelona! You will have 3 minutes to explain what your app is about and what the business model is behind it, in front of an expert jury panel and the public.
*…and luckily no need to be afraid of asking 😉
Next June 26th, Vodafone Headquarters
in Parque das Nações (Lisbon) will be hosting the AppCircus Lisbon event, where developers and start-ups will have the opportunity to demonstrate their ideas and talent in creating innovative apps. AppCircus Lisbon
is open to students, professionals from the mobile industry, and independent developers.
The event is sponsored by Vodafone
and starts with two training workshops by Nokia and Mobile Marketing Association: Nokia is offering a workshop on building apps with Windows, and Mobile Marketing Association will deliver a workshop on marketing your app. Both workshops are from 16:00 – 17.30 and are free to attend but registration is required here
To participate at the AppCircus in Lisbon comeptition, register your app here
by June 11. Among all registered apps, 10 will be chosen to pitch their app on stage, and will have 3 minutes to explain what their app is about and what the business model is behind it, in front of an expert jury panel and the public. The winning app will receive a nomination to participate at the Mobile Premier Awards
to be held in February 2013 in Barcelona.
Our sponsors are giving out great prizes!
The AppCircus in Lisbon winner will be awarded a Nokia Lumia 800 by Vodafone.
The best Windows Phone app will be awarded a Nokia Lumia 800 by Nokia.
AppCircus Lisboa is also happening on the social networks: the best posting on the Facebook
event or the best tweet with the hashtags #AppCircus #Vodafone during the event will be awarded a Vodafone Android smartphone by Vodafone.