- Location & date:
- North America, United States, 12.03.2012
- Deadline for app submission:
- 25.02.2012 »·«closed»·«
Through a partnership with Mashery we will be present again this year at the Circus Mashimus in SXSW Interactive 2012. We are ready to be part of one of the premier conferences for technology and innovation in the world. South by South West is clearly a must attend event in your agenda!
AppCircus@Circus Mashimus - SXSW Agenda:
We will be showcasing mobile apps from all over the world at the Circus Mashimus tent, you will get to see apps that have presented at the Mobile Premier awards and AppCircus winners from 2011 as well as the latest apps applying to pitch for this event. AppCircus finalists will be showcased for an hour on Saturday and Sunday, March 10th-11th, with a final showcase on Monday, March 12th from 2-4 pm.
March 10th and 11th: You will get to see each day a couple of the 2011 Mobile Premier Award winners, we will give each mobile application 3 minutes to pitch. So you wont get bored hearing a long speech, Mashery will be providing some beverages and popcorn to enjoy the show. We might have a few surprises for all the attendees.
We will be showcasing apps from 14:00 to 15:00. So make sure to be ready to see the mobile showcase we are preparing with past AppCircus winners from around the globe.
March 12th: The big show, we will open up the "call for apps" until the 21st of February. So make sure to sign up at AppCircus, upload the information for the application you want to pitch and then apply for AppCircus@Circus Mashimus, Austin event.
- Welcome and introduction to AppCircus.
- Supporters presentations.
- 10 App presentations and Jury feedback.
- Audience voting and Networking.
- Winner announcement.
We will start at 14:00 and end at 16:00.
NOTE the AppCircus event is free. However attendants need a valid SXSW entrance ticket in order to attend the AppCircus @ Circus Mashimus inside SXSW.
How to participate:
1. become a member of appcircus.com (fill in the form on the homepage)
2. add your app to your profile (see this how-to)
3. submit your app to the event (see this how-to)
Rules for Participation:
- Submissions and presentations to AppCircus are FREE and open to any developer, startup or company
- AppCircus is open to apps running on any platform
- Applicants must send one representative to present the app live on stage.
- The apps selected will have three minutes to pitch on stage.
- Apps are submitted through the AppCircus platform at appcircus.com.
- Registration and membership for AppCircus are FREE!
- appcircus.com members need to add the app to their profile before applying for an AppCircus.
- Candidates can submit more than one app.
- Each app can only be presented in one AppCircus, unless if it receives a Runner up Waiver.
- One app in each AppCircus will be nominated for the pool of apps from which the 20 finalists for the Mobile Premier Awards 2012 will be selected.
- The app with the most votes, after the nomination winner, will receive a “Runner up Waiver”, which allows the app to reapply for selection for another AppCircus.
- The pitches must be done in English