- Location & date:
- Africa, South Africa, 24.08.2011
- Deadline for app submission:
- 22.08.2011 »·«closed»·«
Mobile Entertainment Africa is about potential, it is about the technology of choice, it is about consumer behaviour, it is about monetisation, it is about what people actually do on their devices.
As an event Mobile Entertainment Africa is going to break down the mobile entertainment market into key sections – gaming, film/broadcast/TV, football, music, big players perspectives, publishing. These will form the backbone of the conference. Selected thought and business leaders will present their views in compact presentations – they’ll discuss their experiences through case studies, how they’ve monetised the opportunity, how they’re looking to expand, the issues they’ve overcome and their thoughts on the future.
Each mini session will have a distinct subject. Presentations will be delivered. The delegation will then have the opportunity to discuss what they have heard amongst their peers. This will be followed by a traditional panel discussion. Then there’ll be some informal networking, before we do it all again – tackling another distinct subject.
It’s going to be a packed, informative and progressive two days. We hope you’ll join us.
Participating to this AppCircus is a fantastic opportunity to present yourself and your work to the entire Mobile Entertainment Africa Delegation…
The winner will receive:
- A nomination to the Mobile Premier Awards (basically an invitation to global App stardom…)
- Free entrance to all of Mobile Entertainment Africa (anything you’ve paid will be refunded, no problem)
- Massive kudos
- $1500 worth of InMobi ad network spend (and we’re currently talking to a few major players to expand the prize pot)
Every selected developer will get:
- Free entrance to the second day of Mobile Entertainment Africa
- 1/2 price entry to the first day of Mobile Entertainment Africa
- The chance to showcase your App and your work, to the leading individuals in the mobile ecosystem in West Africa
What will happen at the event?
- You get 3 minutes to present your app, you can embed a video if you like in your PowerPoint.
- When all the entrants have presented the delegation will then decide who the winner is.
- The Chairperson will announce the winner, there and then.
For people wanting to attend the event, AppCircus offers a 50% discount on the standard ticket price. Once registered, we will forward your contact details to the organizer who will provide you with a discount code.